CAREERS WITH BAR-Z MOBILE DEVELOPMENT
Are you the next member of the team?
If you're interested in a career in the cutting edge of mobile solutions and you're a team player who thrives on new challenges, we're interested in learning more about you.
Working with us...
We are a diverse group of folks (as evidenced by our breakfast taco orders) but we come together in our commitment to bring our best work every day.
We work hard and go the extra mile to make sure our clients are getting the best. Strategizing and planning and building and delivering and launching and marketing apps for organizations is serious work. It's true that much of the time we have our heads down, but, by all means laughing is appreciated and encouraged.
We're on the cusp of explosive growth. We've made significant investments in our product and in our people and we're ready to start cashing them in. We just need that missing piece: YOU.
Be the partner for organizations expanding their brands into mobile. Build digital products through vision, talent, and substance. Adapt as technology evolves and consumer preferences change. Earn our partners’ trust with sound advice and product reliability. Nurture our team members and reward individual contributions.
Open Position - Outside Sales Rep. – Ad Sales (Houston / Dallas)
Outside Sales Representative – Advertising Sales Responsibilities:
• Explaining the merits of advertising on our unique community portal mobile apps to business owners and executives in the local business community through pre-set appointments.
• Driving the sales process, closing business and generating revenue - closing ad sales on preset/prequalified appointments.
• Coordinating efforts with your assigned “caller” that will be qualifying leads and setting appointments for you.
• Following up with potential clients in a timely and consistent manner, keeping an open door throughout the sales process.
• Tracking sales, updating the sales pipeline and keeping lead status organized in Zoho CRM software.
• Generating $60,000 to $100,000 in advertising revenue per project.
• Directing and closing ad sales for 7 projects annually.
Outside Sales Representative – Advertising Sales Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• Preferred at least 5-10 years of advertising sales experience at a publishing company or a digital vendor
• Experience with Zoho CRM software preferred but not required
• Excellent persuasive and verbal skills
• Strong work ethic
• Team player who thrives on challenges
• Proven track record in sales and account development
• Initiates and maintains effective and productive working relationships with associates, contractors, customers and the public
Sales Account Executive – Advertising Sales Compensation:
$30,000 salary, 10% commission, full benefits, expenses paid when traveling
• Houston & Dallas account executives will work from their home offices
• Full-time employees will be eligible for benefits under the Bar-Z benefits plan.
• Headquarters is located in the Westlake Hills area of Austin, TX
• Local travel required with some overnight travel - up to 20%.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Austin / Houston / Dallas
Required education: Bachelor's
• Outside Sales: 5 years experience
• Advertising Sales: 5 years in advertising/publishing industry
• 2 years minimum business travel experience required
Open Position - Client Success Team Member
Company Description: Bar-Z is a mobile software development firm based in Austin, TX. Bringing 11 years of experience, the company offers a variety of unique mobile app and web solutions for a variety of niche industries. Bar-Z works with organizations such as publishers and broadcasters, theme parks and attractions, municipalities, convention and visitor bureaus, and destination marketing organizations to help them engage and communicate with their audiences and realize new revenue opportunities.
The Bar-Z Full Digital Platform supports mobile responsive design websites and native apps for iPhones, iPads and Android devices. This cross-platform approach delivers editorial, advertising and location-based content to audiences on any type of device, whether it’s a smartphone, tablet, desktop or laptop computer. Our clients come to us to “go mobile” and reach new audiences but they stay with us because of our flexible platform and responsive, dedicated customer service.
We are looking for someone to help us manage our customer’s needs and requests. If you enjoy working with cutting-edge technology and interesting clients, want to gain more experience in customer service, you should consider working with Bar-Z.
The Client Success Team Member is an entry-level position and is responsible for helping facilitate smartphone app publication. The person who fills this position has a real opportunity to contribute heavily to a new mobile user interface, company web design, and customer content creation. This is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves position with the potential to grow within the organization. The job requires:
- Providing the support clients need to get their applications launched by the their deadlines
- Verifying technical specifications for graphics
- Providing phone and email support
- Training clients on technical systems
- Taking ownership of meetings
- Consulting clients on best practices in mobile
- Keeping detailed notes on the project and customer needs
- Communicating technical specifications and needs to customers
- Adhering to multiple deadlines
- Tracking project progression and updating the Bar-Z team on impending deadlines
- Editing Drupal-based websites
- Occasional research projects
- Some data entry and other miscellaneous special projects will be assigned from time to time
Education : All candidates should have or be working towards a bachelor’s or higher degree in a related field from an accredited university. If you are pursuing your degree, you will need to have graduated by June of 2017.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year in a professional work environment. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in client service in a digital workplace. Applicants must be comfortable dealing directly with clients and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Deadline oriented
- Able to follow instructions and execute accordingly
- Takes ownership of projects and decisions
- Superior interpersonal and written communication skills
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Strong work ethic
- Effective listener
- Team player who thrives on challenges
- Learns new technologies, software applications and subjects quickly
- Initiates and maintains effective and productive working relationships with associates, contractors, customers and the public
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
Location: The Bar-Z office is located in Westlake Hills, TX. This is not a remote job.
To be considered a viable candidate : Send a resume and cover letter via Indeed.
In your cover letter, tell us if you prefer corn or flour tortillas, and make your case for why your preference is the best. We are obsessed with breakfast tacos at Bar-Z! So, we hope you are, too.
Failure to provide a cover letter that answers this burning question will result in automatic disqualification. Tacos are serious stuff.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 /year
- Customer Service: 1 year
Open Position - Digital Content Coordinator
The Digital Content Coordinator & Curator will work in a team of 3 staff members in the Ad Sales Group
Digital Content Coordinator Responsibilities:
Creation and posting of digital content on our clients’ native apps and websites
Provide and execute new ideas on attracting users through our digital media platform
Coordinate with our clients’ advertisers to curate content for deployment in the websites and native apps
Digital Content Coordinator Experience & Qualifications:
Education: Journalism degree preferred
Experience: 1-2 years of previous experience is a plus
Strong leadership skills
The ability to execute content strategies and goals
Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
Write compelling and error-free content
Able to multi-task and be able to work under constant deadlines
Attention to detail
Strong work ethic
Team player Initiates and maintains effective and productive working relationships with associates, contractors, customers and the public
Experience with Photoshop is a plus
Digital Content Coordinator Benefits:
Salary - commensurate with experience
Full-time employees will be eligible for benefits under the Bar-Z benefits plan
Office is located in the Westlake Hills area of Austin, TX The ideal candidate will reside in the Central Texas area and will be expected to work in our corporate headquarters. No relocation expenses will be paid.
To Apply: If you are interested in the position, send your resume, a cover letter and salary history to jobs @ bar-z.com
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: College Degree, Journalism
Required experience: 1- 2 years previous experience preferred